The Peter-Hans Kolvenbach Library, located in the General Curia building since its creation in 1928, consists of about 258,000 volumes divided into four sections:
1. Works written by the Jesuits on a wide variety of topics;
2. Works written by Jesuits and non-Jesuits on the history and other aspects of the Society of Jesus;
3. Valuable rare-book collections from the Society’s earlier days, such as: Bellarmine, Farm Street, Polemics, Missions, Francheville, Marian Congregations, Xavier;
4. A large selection of national and international magazines; there are over 1000 titles, between open and closed.
Since the end of 2017, after its renovation, the Library has opened as a high quality institution for scholars interested in the history, spirituality and social apostolate of the Society of Jesus. Its main aim is the preservation and good use of its bibliographic heritage, to make it available to Jesuit scholars and users in general. For this reason it's today able to offer a reliable environments and human qualities of the people who work with deep ignatian spirituality.
Riproduzioni: see the request form